The team is made up of:
- Dr. Yamashiro - team director, orthodontist
- Ear, Nose, and Throat Doctor
- Plastic Surgeon
- Speech Therapy/Feeding Specialist
- Social Worker and social work survey
- Finance person from the Utah Department of Health
- Audiology Visit
- Updated: Natalee Lyon - Cleft Palate Clinic Coordinator
If your little one is not having problems with eating, failed hearing screens, or ear infections it is ok to wait to see the team until 12-14 months of age. At that age we want to start working on speech and want the entire team involved.
You will come to team before that if:
- Your surgeon requests it
- Your baby is having feeding problems and/or any kind of concern that several members of the team should address.
Then we will plan to see your child once a year in the team setting, but of course you will follow up with single members of the team more frequently than that.