Here are the pre-operative instructions provided by Dr. Morales' office, most of which deal with illness:
1. Do not have your child have any immunizations any closer than 2 weeks prior to the surgery date.
2. Do not give your child any aspirin or aspirin products 3 weeks prior to surgery. (It reduces their blood clotting time).
3. Any exposure to chicken pox or any communicable disease must be reported to our office immediately if occurrence is 6 weeks or closer to the surgery date. Surgery will need to be rescheduled to insure the best surgical result and recovery of your child.
4. With any other illness within 2 weeks of surgery, please notify our office and get your child to his/her pediatrician immediately. Depending on the type of illness, it may be necessary for us to arrange a later surgery date.
5. If your child contracts any respiratory infection, coughing, fever, vomiting and or considerable nasal drainage a day or two just prior to the surgery, the anesthesiologist will not put your child to sleep. Please notify our office as soon as possible and we will arrange for a new surgery date for your child.
6. Take every precaution to keep your child away from family members or anyone who is ill. We want your child in the best possible health for the surgery and to avoid any delays.
7. Bring your child's favorite toy or blanket with you the day of surgery. They will be comforting to your child.
8. Please know that eveyr precaution will be taken to insure the best possible care of your child during and after the surgery. Feel free to call our office with any concerns you may have.